- Howard, Josh. “The Edith Lett Papers: The Federal Writers’ Project, West Virginia, and the Everyman Writer.” West Virginia History: A Journal of Regional Studies. Volume 10, Number 2, Fall 2016.
- Howard, Josh. “’A Good Baseball Club is a Splendid Advertisement for a Town’: Baseball and the New South in Clifton Forge, Virginia.” Virginia Magazine of History and Biography. Volume 124, Number 3, Fall 2016. (Revise & Resubmit)
- Howard, Josh. “Major League Baseball and the Public Memory of the Negro Leagues.” In Negro Leagues = Major Leagues, edited by Todd Peterson. McFarland, 2017. (In progress)
Residency Exhibit & Archive Project
“Wendell Smith Papers,” National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, digital archive and exhibit, completed September 2014.
- Project to digitize the Wendell Smith Papers for the NBHOF’s website Fall 2014 launch
- More Details Here
Other Projects Available Online
- Link to my Blog Writings
- Author page at Sport in American history
- Link to Public History Norrath page
Archive & Education Projects
- Clifton Forge, 1890s: Moments of Violence in a Small Mountain Town.” Digital essay series. Launched November 2013. Available at http://cliftonforge.weebly.com.
- “Biographical Sketches of Architects in Virginia: Carneal, Collins, Currie, and Johnston.” Series of short biographical essays. New Dominion Virginia Initiative, Virginia Department of Historic Resources. December 2013. Available at http://www.dhr.virginia.gov/NewDominion/.
- H-SPORT Archive Project. Contributor. 2013 – present. Available at https://networks.h-net.org/node/2622/pages/3483/h-sport-archive-project.
- “‘My Homeland, Tennessee’: Grade 3-5 Lesson Kit.” Series of Lesson Plans. The Center for Popular Music. March 2013. Available at http://popmusic.mtsu.edu/Homeland/homelandlessonkit.pdf.